The Student News Site of Larned High School

Tribe Times

Tribe Times

Tribe Times

Tribe Times

Inside look with royalty

Janet Fleske

What does homecoming mean to you? For most people it means hanging out with family and friends at the football game, for some it dressing up in your best dress and going to the homecoming dance. This years homecoming court is Brady Hope, Ty smith, Cade Colglazier, Luke Fischer, Annie Cox, Abby Holt, Aysjah Yeager, and Reese Watkins. They will walking during half time of the boys football game on September 15, 2023.

Aysjah and Luke are a pair in the homecoming court.  Aysjah’s Favorite part about homecoming is the School spirit. She loves how everybody comes together to support the Larned football team. She said “Helping with the Homecoming ceremony’s” was her favorite part of the past homecomings. When asked “how does you feel about being a candidate?” she replies by saying  “I’m excited about making memories with my classmates.” Luke is Aysjah’s date for homecoming. Luke’s favorite part of homecoming is how the community comes together. Luke says “my favorite past homecoming memory is homecoming last year because we won.” He said “I am honored and surprised to be a candidate.”

Abby and Ty is another pair on the homecoming court.  when asked “what’s your favorite part about homecoming?” Abby  says ” the fact that it adds so much more excitement to the week. When Abby is asked ” what is your favorite past homecoming memory?” she says ” Last years tennis float in the parade, We shot off confetti and it was really fun.” Abby said  “It’s a cool experience and I enjoy doing it with my friends.” after being asked “how do you feel about being a candidate?” Ty is Abby’s homecoming date. Ty says his favorite part about homecoming is “the football game. ” Ty has been playing football for all of high school.  He loves how the stands fill up during homecoming  to watch the football game.  Ty says that his favorite past homecoming memory was his sophomore year when he got to watch Ian Orth shake ping pong ball out of a Kleenex box that was strapped to his bottom. Ty says “I’m excited and honored to be a  homecoming candidate.”

Annie and Cade are another couple on the homecoming court. Annie’s favorite part about homecoming is getting to interact with people who shes had an impact on. Annie also said ” spirit weeks are also a fun part of homecoming.”  Annie’s favorite past homecoming memory was Freshman year when she got to go see the homecoming candidates in the gym. She said ” Ever since then I’ve known that I wanted to be a homecoming candidate.” Annie is very excited to be on the homecoming court this year and can’t wait for Friday night. Cade is Annie’s date this year. Cade said ” my favorite part of homecoming is the football game.”  Like Ty, Cade also likes to watch the football stands fill up with excited community members. When asked “what is your favorite past homecoming memory?” Cade says ” last years pep rally. The games were a lot of fun.” Cade says ” I’m excited to be part of the homecoming court and a little overwhelmed.”

Last but not least, We have Brady and Reese. Reese says that her favorite part of home coming is the school spirit. Reese’s favorite past homecoming memory is last year’s tennis homecoming float during the parade. She says ” Im  very excited about being and candidate but also a little nervous.” Brady is Reese’s homecoming partner. Brady says his favorite part about homecoming is the game. Brady also said that his favorite past homecoming memory was the pep rally games last year.  Brady says ” Im excited to be a candidate.” Congratulations to Annie Cox and Luke Fischer for winning  this years  homecoming king and queen.  Also congratulations to the Larned High School football team for winning our Homecoming game against the Smokey Valley Vickings, 38-0.