The Student News Site of Larned High School

Tribe Times

Tribe Times

The Student News Site of Larned High School

Tribe Times

Tribe Times

LHS students weigh in on the Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift duo

LHS students weigh in on the Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift duo

The Kansas City Chiefs have been doing exceptionally well these past few years. With four Superbowl appearances in the last five years, the team is the hot topic around town. Along with the accomplishments the Chiefs have made, one name has lit up every football fan’s TV screen. What is that name? Taylor Swift.

      Swift is known across the country as a famous singer and songwriter. So, why has she been made so popular within the NFL community? This is because of her significant other, Travis Kelce, also known as the tight end for the KC Chiefs. Many think that their relationship is just for attention, while others believe that the couple is true. Larned high school students were asked what their thoughts on the matter were, and the responses were split between those defending Swift, and those who want her off of their screens. One anonymous student, who was against Taylor Swift at the football games, stated, “It’s an odd relationship. They look happy together, but I don’t like how the cameras are all on Taylor when she shouldn’t be the main attraction. Most people don’t watch or go to the Chiefs games anymore, they only go to see Taylor Swift.” While other students stated things like “They are the perfect couple”, or “I LOVE them together!” One thing known for sure is that with Swift being included in the craze of the NFL, the fan base for the Chiefs has grown tremendously. Therefore, even though some do not want to see her at the games, a larger number of people have grown to enjoy watching and celebrating the Super Bowl.

       Larned high school students also weighed in on their predictions for the game.  According to the responses from LHS, 72% of students think that the Chiefs will win the game, while the other 28% of the students believe that the 49ers will get the championship. A few of the students who answered the survey took a comical turn on the relationship and the game as a whole. Troy Hemken stated in his reply “49ers win the Super Bowl. Taylor Swift runs into the field to comfort the crying Travis Kelce. Travis Kelce then explains how he was going to propose with the Super Bowl ring but could not. Taylor Swift says it is okay and they get married, and Travis retires and lives off of Taylor Swift’s massive earnings before Taylor Swift divorces him and makes another song titled “Dumb Football Boy”.”   All in all, this shows that even though Taylor Swift has become a figure that some people dread seeing on their screens during football games, the majority of those watching enjoy the addition of Swift at the KC Chiefs games. 

Story continues below advertisement
Leave a Comment
Donate to Tribe Times

Your donation will support the student journalists of Larned High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

More to Discover
Donate to Tribe Times

Comments (0)

All Tribe Times Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *