The Student News Site of Larned High School

Tribe Times

Tribe Times

Tribe Times

Tribe Times

New drama unfolds at LHS

Due to popular demand, the Larned High School has decided to bring back the school drama class! The class will start at the beginning of next year and will allow students to become true actors and participate in musicals, plays, and other theatrical performances! Just like all of the other electives at LHS, the students who enroll in this class will be given one credit hour toward their transcript.

Bethany Steinlage, who teaches Spanish at LHS, has taken up the responsibility of becoming the drama teacher. She hopes that this class will help students develop a love for theater and increase their self-confidence as well! When asked what she hopes this class will bring to the students, she stated “We are going to cover things like classical theater performances and modern theater pieces. As well as the different elements that make up a theater production from onstage, to backstage help, and costuming, makeup, voice projection, lights, and sound.” She continued to talk about how this class should raise students’ confidence levels in public speaking and performing.  Mrs. Steinlage has high expectations for what this class will bring!

This elective will have a broad range of performances and tasks each month. Some of the varieties will include comedic acts, classical plays, modern-day performances, and short-one-shot acts. When asked about what she is most excited about in this class,  Clara Shaver, a Junior at Larned, stated “I am thrilled to know that a drama class will be offered next year. This newly created class will provide an opportunity for students to enhance their communication skills, boost their confidence, and relieve stress. I am confident that this class will benefit not only LHS but the entirety of the community as well.” 

Overall the Larned drama class is expected to become a huge hit among the students and we could not be more excited to see what comes of it!